Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Winston

This weekend I had to say goodbye to a faithful friend. Long before our dog Jack, there was our sweet Westie, Winston. We got him when I was 7 years old and he lived a long and happy 18 years with us. He was a gem of a dog, perfect in every way. I cannot fathom what life would have been like growing up without his companionship. We all loved him dearly and it was harder than I could have possibly imagined to say goodbye when he passed away this weekend. Thankfully he was able to leave us peacefully in his bed at home next to my wonderful parents who have done so much to love and care for him as he aged over the past couple of years. 

Love you precious Winston! We miss you!


4 comments:

Emily said...

what a precious pup. i hate that y'all lost him, but my goodness, 18 years is a while, im so impressed! and his name, love it. hope you and you fam are doing ok :)

Kirsten Wiemer said...

such a cute dog. i'm sorry for the loss. hope all is well lady

K

haley said...

oh, i'm so sorry to hear about your loss. we lost our family pup, Georgia, last year and you are 100% correct...it is so tough to lose a pet. they are truly a part of the family. but how wonderful that you were able to grow up with that sweet little guy (18 years! wow!).

Jessica said...

Oh, I am so sorry! He was so adorable! My heart goes out to you: I have 3 dogs myself....-Jessica L