Hello! So, as I'm sure is true with many of you, Pinterest is one of my go-to awkward moment fillers. You know, those few minutes between a class, or in a waiting room, or maybe right before bed. I don't necessarily devote time to it, it just fills those times where I don't really know what else to do. I love, love, love using it to pin recipes that I want to try. Most of the time I just look at my recipe board for inspiration when I don't know what to make for dinner and throw together something "inspired" by one of the images on the board, but other times I'll actually set out to legitimately follow one of the recipes.
Every so often I hit the jackpot and find something wonderful and so I'm going to start regularly sharing the best of the bests with you! Because, honestly it helps to have someone confirm that something among the thousands of pins actually tastes good.
>>>You can find me on Pinterest here.
P.S. We try to eat only organic, whole foods when we are at home. So, although I don't always pin such recipes, I usually substitute any ingredients accordingly.
1. Jamie Oliver's Scrumptious Spanish Chickpea and Chorizo Soup. This soup was a bit of a process and usually I don't choose things with so many steps, but believe me, it was worth it (plus it lasted for several days and was even better each day!). Also unusual for me, I pretty much followed the recipe exactly and even went out and bought the ingredients specifically for it. It was so flavorful and definitely lives up to the "scrumptious" in it's name.
2. Grilled Zucchini Roll-Ups. We made these for little Superbowl Sunday appetizers, minus the lemon (only because I didn't have any!). You really can't go wrong with goat cheese in my book. They were a hit!
3. Baked Sweet Potatoes Stuffed with Olives, Feta and Sundried Tomatoes. I did without the sundried tomatoes, again because I didn't have any, but I'm sure they would have made an excellent addition. They were perfect combination of salty and sweet!
4. Roasted Zucchini, Black Bean and Goat Cheese Enchiladas. Again, the goat cheese. Perfection.
5. Baked White Cheddar Mac n Cheese w/ Kale & Bacon. I've already mentioned this on the blog before, but it deserved another mention. Only because we have already made it more times than I can count. We usually avoid cow's milk (we use almond milk instead!). But no...for this recipe we're alllll about the whole milk ;)