Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas at the Coast

We've been all over Oregon the past several days celebrating Christmas with all our family and friends!  A couple of those days were spent with my mom's side of the family at my grandparent's house on the Oregon coast. We were so glad that we got to spend some time there as the house is for sale and every time we have visited in the last year we have thought to be our last. This time, however, likely really will be the final visit. Bittersweet as we are happy that the house is (fingers crossed!) finally selling, but sad to see the place of so many childhood memories (and our wedding reception!) go. 
It was a grand old time of togetherness. There were late night games of extreme hide & seek,  Charlie Brown was watched, naps were taken, gifts were exchanged, and much wining & dining occurred. We even have a new member of the family, Luna. She is my aunt's sweet puppy. Jack's not so sure how he feels about her yet but I am sure they will eventually be the best of friends. 

And please check out the gloriousness below that is Sesame and LiliesAnd that festive polar bear? I'm a little bit obsessed with him. Such a regal fellow and such a drool-worthy store. It's definitely a must visit if you are ever in Cannon Beach, Oregon. 



I hope you all had wonderful holidays free of any kitchen catastrophes or family drama (other than the charades kind!)!

15 comments:

lost in travels said...

Those pictures are amazing, what a great place to get to spend Christmas!

Kiana Bates said...

Beautiful photos. Especially the first one!
Kianabates.blogspot.com

Kelley Gilster said...

I knew from that first picture that it was Oregon!! Hoe beautiful :) I totally have those little bowls in your pictures. I'm too afraid to use them because they are too cute

helen said...

looks like an amazing time! oregon looks beautiful through your pictures. i've only been to portland, but i loved it! :)

AlyciaMealy said...

Looks like so much fun! Glad you had a great christmas!

Gentri said...

GAH! My mom and I would have been all over that store, had we known about it!
Funny story:
I was just reminicing on my Oregon blog posts and I decided to read some comments that were left. I read yours and realized it had been too long since I'd stopped by. So I clicked over and here, your first post, is about Oregon! haha! I thought it was funny.

Ok, back to your post. I LOOOOOOVE that house! Don't sell it!! I'll buy it! Wait, I'm broke. GAH!
And you LITERALLY lived on the Oregon coast. so amazing, seriously. Mountains AND Ocean. That is a big reason the PNW calls to me. I know it. :)

Claire said...

Your blog is sooo pretty!

Jennifer Blair said...

What a lovely and cozy time together! I'm kind of obsessed with that polar bear too...the crown!!!

Maria Morley said...

It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas with your family. :-) I love the pictures of the puppies. I hope you have a happy New Year!

Sierra said...

What great pictures!

isabel said...

looks like you had a great time!

www.mamajulesbrussels.blogspot.com

Taylor said...

haaapppy 2013!! can't wait for the fresh start.

Daisy said...

These photos are lovely. I really like the first and the two black and white ones.

Yelle said...

Sounds like a wonderful holiday ! Also, Luna is so cute!

Yelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.