Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Cheers to healthy weekends.

Hello! Oh my goodness has this whole month been unfortunate. I was repeatedly hit with sickness, which caused me to get quite behind on my regular routines. I hate being confined to bed when I know I have things that I should be doing.

This left laundry and dishes piled high, Christmas shopping not done, holiday parties missed, and a half-decorated-for-Christmas apartment. So, this weekend while we were both (momentarily) healthy we kicked into gear with a cleaning frenzy, tackled our long list of errands, visited friends for a game night and live nativity, faced the crowds (twice!) for some Christmas shopping, and I even baked (yes, I baked!) some muffins. Piling so many outings into one weekend was Lance's worst nightmare, but he survived thanks to some Thai food. Thai Tom makes anything bearable.

And then today Lance wakes up hit hard with icky illness, probably thanks to me, meaning we will miss yet another get-together tonight. Hopefully he gets well before Friday when we head to Portland for some Christmas madness which will surely make up for the things we have missed already this month.

And now for some photos from last weekend...

-BREAKFAST BEFORE A DAY OF SHOPPING-

-ENDLESS SHOPPING REWARDED WITH THAI FOOD-



-MEALS & GAMES & FANCY CAKES WITH FRIENDS-

-IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS...-


-THE "HEY, LOOK WHAT I WORE!" PHOTO-

-MUFFINS, NOT COOKIES. THAT I BAKED. MYSELF. PROMISE!-
Also, looming over us all weekend was an overwhelming sense of sadness and anger over the Sandy Hook shooting. We may not have children of our own, but we do have so many important little ones in our lives and cannot imagine losing them, especially in such a horrific way. Our hearts and prayers go out to the families as we cannot even begin to understand what they are going through. Amid this tragedy we both hope for change that will serve to better protect our schools from such in the future.

13 comments:

Yelle said...

Glad to hear that you are doing better than you were! I know that when sickness hits this time of the year it's the worse because there are so many things going on!

charity victoria said...

I have been fighting (a losing) a bad cold all month--I know the feeling! Just want to be back at 100% already! Regardless, this looks like a very fun weekend. :) Glad you got to have some holiday fun!

Allie said...

that thai food looks tooooo delicious!

jamiedawn said...

im pretty positive that i am OBSESSED with that multicolored scarf!! and mmmm thai food :)

Tori Baldridge said...

Everything about that first picture of you screams adorable! I love your hair, scarf, sweater ALL of it! Happy holidays. xoxo
T

The Weir House said...

Haha such a fun and cute post. I've never had thai food. I need to try it!

Michelle said...

I love this post!! Your braid hair-do is so cute. Love it!

I'm glad I came across your blog. I look forward to more of your posts as I'm now your newest follower via greader. :)

isabel said...

hope you're all ok this friday!!! love your braid in the first pic !!! :)

http://mamajulesbrussels.blogspot.be

Jenna said...

Looks like you had a fun shopping trip! And the Thai food looks amazing! Happy holidays and hope you're back to 100% soon :)

xo

Bri Rios said...

You are too cute!!! That's pretty much all the time though I'm sure. I feel ya on the whole "letting the house go to crap" thing. My fam is coming into town on Monday and now we are in a cleaning frenzy! It was nice to not care for a while though :)

helen said...

super sweet pictures!! hope you have a wonderful time in portland! :)

Melissa McCoy said...

I love your braided hair style...happy I found your blog, it's adorable. I'm your newest follower! Happy Holidays,
The Real McCoy(s)

Jenna said...

i love your hair in the first picture!!